The Palace at Gandia

Virtual Visit

The Palace at Gandia - THE  BORGIAS   wiki The Ducal Palace at Gandia, also known as the Borja Palace

Palau Ducal


In 1485, theCardinal Borja of Borja, the future Pope Alexander VI, bought Gandia Dukedom for his descendants, establishing the Borja dukes’ dynasty until the year 1740, notably among them was its fourth Duke Saint Francis of Borja.

From 1889, the Palace has been the property of the Society of Jesus, which took charge of its restoration and maintenance, focusing on the figure of St Francis Borja, the third General of the Society of Jesus.

(From the Introduction to http://palauducal.com)



More pages