Discussion: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationshipReported This is a featured thread

Showing 10 posts
AnyaTudor
AnyaTudor
Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Feb 14 2011, 4:49 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 14 2011, 4:49 AM EST
I don't know if someone posted it before... (i'm sorry if someone did), but i found Neil Jordan's opinion about C/L relationship:

Q: Will there be romance between Cesare and Lucrezia in the new version of Showtime's The Borgias? I keep hearing different things. —@ greenleo1 (via Twitter)

Amber: The writers of the new CTV/Showtime co-production don’t want to give too much away, but in the first two episodes it’s absolutely hinted at, but never fulfilled. Those episodes, by the way, come highly recommended by this gal. Anyhow, here’s what creator and scribe Neil Jordan had to say on the subject:

“A lot of the histories were written by the enemies of the Borgias, so you have to look at them with a jaundiced eye. It was rumoured there was an incestuous relationship between Cesare and Lucrezia. Lucrezia did have a child out of wedlock. There were rumours that it was Cesare’s child. There were even rumours that it was her father’s child. But basically there was, if you read the history, you find these two, this brother and sister, were utterly fascinated by each other and they regarded each as the ideal spouse. So they got through many relationships, but they never find one that satisfies them as much as the brother and sister do. It’s not a story about incest, but it’s a story about two people who are absolutely enraptured with each other.”
27  out of 30 found this valuable. Do you?    
DarkLadyJade
DarkLadyJade
1. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Apr 4 2011, 8:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 4 2011, 8:27 AM EDT
Hmmm, well the first moment I saw them I felt there was more going on between them than what I was just seeing. 6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Kittywake09
2. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Apr 4 2011, 9:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 4 2011, 9:36 AM EDT
Holliday gave an interview to say no there is no incest between Lucrezia and Cesare will try and root it out. 0  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
juliana-angela
juliana-angela
3. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Apr 4 2011, 9:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 4 2011, 9:48 AM EDT
It sounds as though it is going to be left ambiguous - a very close relationship between Cesare and Lucrezia but no scenes showing anything sexual between them. 4  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

offwithherhead
4. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Apr 5 2011, 3:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2011, 3:20 AM EDT
".... a very close relationship between Cesare and Lucrezia but no scenes showing anything sexual between them."
I am very happy that they are not going to go the way of the incest rumour. :)
4  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    

Kittywake09
5. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Apr 5 2011, 3:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2011, 3:27 AM EDT
me too 0  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
madonhistory
madonhistory
6. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Apr 5 2011, 3:37 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2011, 3:37 AM EDT
& me!!! just 'a lotta lurv' to quote Holliday G on her link on showtime!! 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SorayaofNaples
SorayaofNaples
7. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Apr 5 2011, 7:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2011, 7:32 AM EDT
"I don't know if someone posted it before... (i'm sorry if someone did), but i found Neil Jordan's opinion about C/L relationship:

Q: Will there be romance between Cesare and Lucrezia in the new version of Showtime's The Borgias? I keep hearing different things. —@ greenleo1 (via Twitter)

Amber: The writers of the new CTV/Showtime co-production don’t want to give too much away, but in the first two episodes it’s absolutely hinted at, but never fulfilled. Those episodes, by the way, come highly recommended by this gal. Anyhow, here’s what creator and scribe Neil Jordan had to say on the subject:

“A lot of the histories were written by the enemies of the Borgias, so you have to look at them with a jaundiced eye. It was rumoured there was an incestuous relationship between Cesare and Lucrezia. Lucrezia did have a child out of wedlock. There were rumours that it was Cesare’s child. There were even rumours that it was her father’s child. But basically there was, if you read the history, you find these two, this brother and sister, were utterly fascinated by each other and they regarded each as the ideal spouse. So they got through many relationships, but they never find one that satisfies them as much as the brother and sister do. It’s not a story about incest, but it’s a story about two people who are absolutely enraptured with each other.”"
I like this idea, that they were just fascinated by each other. His love for her can be intense without being sexual, of course it can. But, I wonder who the Roman Infante belonged to? How can history not know?
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

EpicDelena
8. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
May 3 2012, 6:43 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2012, 6:43 AM EDT
The ONLY reason I watch this show is to see two of them together... 30  out of 33 found this valuable. Do you?    

bonjourhobo
9. RE: Cesare and Lucrezia's relationship
Feb 22 2013, 8:31 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 22 2013, 8:31 PM EST
the new promo for season is VERY sexual http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpEPExQFVAo&list=HL1361604018 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)